Following is the Software License included with all Linguist's Software font products
Much of the wording in the following license is dictated by agreements we have with other firms. In some cases we can make exceptions. If you have any questions please contact us. You may download an Adobe® Acrobat® PDF version of this license.
PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE. BY USING THIS SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, PROMPTLY RETURN THE UNUSED SOFTWARE TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU OBTAINED IT AND REQUEST A REFUND.
1. License. The software accompanying this License, whether on disk, in read-only memory, or on any other media (the “Software”), the bitmap screen font data and/or metric information and digitally-encoded machine-readable outline font programs as encoded in a special format (the “fonts”) and the related documentation are licensed, not sold, to you, if you are a bona fide purchaser of the Software manufactured by Linguist’s Software (hereafter “LS”). You own the disk on which the Software and fonts are recorded but LS and/or LS’s Licensors retain title to the Software, fonts and related documentation. This non-exclusive License allows you to use the Software and fonts on a single computer and make one copy only of this Software and fonts in machine-readable form solely for backup purposes. You must reproduce on such copy the Payne Loving Trust copyright notice and any other proprietary legends that were on the original copy of the Software and fonts. If you need to have access to this typeface package on more than one computer at a time, you need to purchase separate units, a Personal Use License (PUL), or a site license. Individuals may purchase a PUL for one LS product for their personal use only on one additional computer for $25, and additional computers at $15 each. Separate additional LS product Personal Use Licenses ordered at the same time are $15 each. Educational Site Licenses and Business Site Licenses are available at discount. With the exception of Site Licenses, which may not be transferred, you may transfer all your license rights to this LS product to another party by deleting it from your computer(s) and transferring all the Software and fonts, backup copies, the related documentation, and a copy of this License to another party, provided the other party reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License. To register the new owner you must then notify LS of the new owner's name, address, telephone number, and email address.
2. Restrictions. The Software and fonts contain copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. In order to protect them, and except as permitted by applicable legislation, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software or fonts to a human-perceivable form. You may not modify, adapt for another platform, network, rent, lease, loan, distribute or create derivative works based upon the Software or fonts in whole or in part. You may not electronically transmit the Software or fonts from one computer to another or over a network. Distribution of LS fonts embedded in part or in whole in electronic files, such as Acrobat™ PDF files, is prohibited without a separate, mutually-signed License Agreement. Contact LS for licensing information.
3. Acknowledgment in Publications. You agree to include the following acknowledgment in any work which in its published form uses LS fonts: "The [LS font name(s)] font(s) used to print this work is(are) available from Linguist’s Software, Inc., tel +1 (425) 775-1130 www.linguistsoftware.com."
4. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. You may terminate this License at any time by destroying the Software, related documentation and fonts and all copies thereof. This License will terminate immediately without notice from LS if you fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon termination you must destroy the Software, related documentation and fonts and all copies thereof.
5. Export Law Assurances. You may not use or otherwise export or reexport the Software except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Software was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, none of the Software may be used or otherwise exported or reexported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) a United States embargoed country or (ii) to anyone on the US Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the US Department of Commerce’s Table of Denial Orders. By using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
6. Government End Users. If the Software is supplied to the United States Government, the Software is classified as “restricted computer software” as defined in clause 52.227-19 of the FAR. The United States Government's rights to the Software are as provided in clause 52.227-19 of the FAR.
7. 30-Day Limited Warranty. The software, when installed according to instructions, will work as described in the product documentation. If not, LS will, at LS’s option, replace the diskette(s) or refund the license fee.
8. Limited Warranty on Media. LS warrants the diskettes on which the Software and fonts are recorded to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of sixty (60) days from the date of purchase on the receipt. LS’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be replacement of the diskettes not meeting LS’s Limited Warranty and which are returned to LS or an LS authorized representative with a copy of the receipt. LS will have no responsibility to replace a disk damaged by accident, abuse or misapplication. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THE DISKETTES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF DELIVERY. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION.
9. Disclaimer of Warranty on Software. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Software and fonts is at your sole risk. The Software, related documentation and fonts are provided “AS IS” and, and apart from ¶7 above, are without warranty of any kind and LS and LS’s Licensors (for the purposes of provisions 8 and 9 LS and LS’s Licensors shall be collectively referred to as “LS”) Expressly disclaim all warranties, oral or written, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. LS does not warrant that the functions contained in the software will meet your requirements, or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the software AND FONTS will be corrected. FURTHERMORE, LS DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND FONTS OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LS OR AN LS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. should the software prove defective, you (and not LS or AN LS authorized representative) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL LS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY PARTY, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF LS OR AN LS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall LS’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort—including negligence—or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you for the Software.
11. Controlling Law and Severability. This License shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of Washington. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this License, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of the License shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect.
12. Complete Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Software, the related documentation and fonts, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of the License will be binding unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of LS.7a5
Download an Adobe® Acrobat® PDF version of this license.